Newcastle-under-Lyme Parking Study
TSP were appointed to investigate the parking issues within Newcastle-under-Lyme town centre and suggest improvements to increase the efficiency.
- Traffic Surveys and Analysis
- Waiting Restrictions and Parking Studies
- Controlled Parking Zones (CPZ)
- Public Consultations & Exhibitions
- CAD & Surveying
- We carried out a survey of existing waiting restrictions and on-site features.
- Using that information we proposed amendments to existing TRO’s and new waiting restrictions and appropriate signing.
- We carried out parking volume and duration surveys on a neutral weekday and Saturday to identify demand and problem areas.
- We proposed revised or new waiting restrictions to reduce inconsiderate and unsafe parking, such as on junctions, bends or double yellow lines.
- We carried out a consultation which included area wide leaflet and questionnaire distribution and public exhibition to gain views of local residents and businesses.
- We carried out a presentation of the consultation and recommendations to the Borough Council
- Parked car congestion within the Town Centre was significantly reduced.
- Areas where illegal parking takes place were identified
- Dangerous parking was reduced
Following the Member’s concerns, the Council commissioned a review of on and off-street parking within the town centre.
The Borough of Newcastle-under-Lyme
0333 700 4001Contact us