Shoreditch Regeneration Scheme
To support the regeneration of a 2.5 acre disused East London site by sustainable transport solutions and sensitive highway engineering design.
- Transportation and Traffic advice
- Transport Assessment
- Travel Plan
- Car Parking Management Plan
- Car Park Justification report
- Design advice on the car parking, access and servicing areas
By arguing special circumstances we persuaded the London Borough of Hackney to agree an enhanced car parking provision.
The multi-million pound regeneration scheme, spread over 2.5 acres and comprised:
- 385 flats within a new 40 storey tower
- 250,000 sq. ft. of office space providing employment for up to 3,000 staff
- 50,000 sq. ft. of shops, cafés and restaurants
- An existing 19th century Victorian railway viaduct will be restored to accommodate a plaza and 7,800sq.ft. "urban park" on top.
A disused site in East London requiring extensive investments to recover and restore a Shakespearian theatre buried 3m below ground level.
Plough Yard Developments
Shoreditch, London, E2
Benefits of Scheme
In addition to the regeneration and improved employment prospects for this area, the centrepiece of the project will be restoration of the Shakespearean Curtain Theatre. This theatre was famous for the first performance of Romeo and Juliet, and was discovered during archaeological investigations in 2011. The theatre will be excavated, preserved and exhibited in a 13,000sq.ft. space that includes a 164-seat indoor auditorium. Outside, a 200-seat outdoor performance space will link to a new 1.3-acre open square.
0333 700 4001Contact us